Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Marinating Time: 1 hour
Total Time: 1 hour and 20 minutes
Yield: 16 pieces
- 1 lb tuna belly, cut into 16 thin slices
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, sesame oil, grated ginger, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
- Place the sliced tuna belly in a shallow dish and pour the marinade over the fish. Cover the dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the tuna slices and sear for 1-2 minutes on each side, until the edges are lightly browned.
- Transfer the tuna slices to a plate and top with sliced scallions and toasted sesame seeds. Serve with the ginger soy sauce on the side for dipping. Enjoy your tuna belly sashimi with scallions and ginger soy sauce!